Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Best Foundations!

I am very picky when it comes to foundation because I have dry skin and the wrong kind of foundation can look flakey! If you have dry skin you know what I'm talking about. I constantly need to moisturize my face (morning and night)...at night I apply Argon Oil (or 100% Organic Coconut Oil) (pic below) and in the morning I moisturize with my Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Repair Day Creme SPF 15 (pic below). I apply my argon oil throughout the day as well if I feel dry! 

OK now even when I moisturize some foundations do not hold up to the moisture thus the right foundation is hard to find! It is also hard to find because I have very light skin and if it is not exactly my color I look discolored!
Here are my top foundations:
From the left:

Laura Mercier- Silk Cremem Foundation in Ivory
I LOVE this foundation because its so silky, has full coverage, and does not flake! I debated whether to get this or the Giorgio Armani Silk Foundation (I heard its the new "best" foundation)...but I chose Laura because I am familiar with her products but Giorgio is next on my list.

Dior- Nude in 010
This is another great full coverage foundation that looks flawless (perfect for an evening look) and it does not dry me up at all! It is the perfect color for my face and the formula is amazing and thick. I usually apply this with my fingers by dabbing it all around my face and blend it in with my beauty blender (another product I could not live without!).

Neutrogena- Healthy Skin Enhancer in "Ivory to light"
Ok so I read about this foundation in an article on dry skin...so I thought I would give it a try. Btw I have never purchased drugstore foundations because I felt like they would never stand a chance next to my prized possessions. Boy was I wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use this every single day and sometimes even when I go out at nights!!!! I don't even want to call it a foundation because it's so light (which I love) and its so natural looking yet if you build it it can give a flawless finish! I really do love this foundation and totally recommend it for anyone and everyone who wants almost like a tint to their skin (which I need because when its too hot or too cold my cheeks get pink and I do not like that look lol so a touch of color is exactly what I need sometimes!

Benefit- Hello Flawless
I recently just emptied my first bottle and the formula is similar to the Neutrogena one because it is light yet buildable! I loved this foundation because it was hydrating and did not dry me out. And I do not remember what my color was...sorry guys.

Hope you ladies enjoyed this post!

-Love Greta! Mwah!





No comments:

Post a Comment