Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Latest Purchases! Sephora + Nordstrom

To relieve my stress from finals and to prepare myself for the New Year I have been buying new products to make me happy lol! Yay me! So far I have been dying over my new goodies and am seriously shocked at myself for not getting them sooner!

Lets get started!












This is the Buxom Serial Kisser Set that came with these 5 adorable colors.
The colors all have a sheen/lustre to them so they are obviously not matte! However, heres a little trick to make any non-matte lipstick matte: All you need is a tissue & some translucent loose powder! You can do two thing:
1: You put a little bit of the powder on the tissue, distribute it evenly, and dap it on your lips! 
2: Place the tissue on your lips and with a brush dip into your loose powder and stipple the powder directly onto the tissue...the powder will go through the tissue onto your lips and make them matte!

Vwala you have matte lips! I tried this technique with these glosses and the colors were even prettier matte!

My favorite is "Centerfold" & "Mistress" I like to mix the two!
The one color I dislike & will probably never use is "Moonlighter" because it is shiny as you can kind of tell from my swatch & the color is not appealing in my opinion!
Otherwise, I am loving these mini lipsticks! They look full size in my picture above but don't be fooled they are pretty tiny and travel friendly! The lipstick itself is also very skinny and miniature!

I restocked on my favorite Sephora half lashes! These babies are to die for gorgeous and give you the most gorgeous flutter!


I'm slowly warming up to blushes and have been purchasing more and more recently whereas before I would never pay attention nor wear blush! But, I am trying new things out of my comfort zone and loving it! This blush I just saw and picked up without swatching it or anything lol. How random right? I just really liked the color and had this sudden urge to get it! And you know what happens when you follow your gut ladies! You fall in love! Chessy I know... but I'm in love with his blush! It is so pigmented and has a perfect balance between the color & the shimmer! I have been using this nonstop!!


Many of you are probably unfamiliar with the brand Arcona because I know I was, even though I browse through everything at the beauty department. I heard about this brand through another blogger (It's Not About Inner Beauty: http://itsnotaboutinnerbeauty.com) and decided to try their stuff. After familiarizing myself with the brand and getting more info on all the products from the sales associate I decided to try this "Desert Mist" because it was the one product that intrigued me the most! Basically this product is a shield on your face to protect you from all the dirt, pollution, bacteria, sun rays, and anything else that can damage your face! It comes with a pump it's not really a mist lol and a full pump will do the job. You just rub it between your palms and PRESS it onto your face you do not buff it in with circular motions! You then wait for it to dry and go about applying your primer than foundation OR you can just leave it like that! Before you apply this product, if you moisturize, you should moisturize prior to applying this! 
This product smells soooo good & it's all natural!
BTW I got this from Nordstrom!


So, I was in the Sephora line waiting for my turn to pay and AS ALWAYS I end up buying something from their products by the checkout line! I cam across this and decided to try it!
This is when my life changed!
I will not, I repeat WILL NOT, leave the house without this on my face ever in my life again! 
I swear to you this is like an extra strength hairspray for your face it is amazinggggggggg! I do not know where it has been all my life! If you touch-up your makeup throughout the day you need this in your life! My makeup looks just as flawless as it did when I applied it!
I can go on and on about how amazing this stuff is but you guys need to try it out!

I am slowly running out of my handy dandy Evian spray so while I was at Nordstrom I decided to pick up this set because I love this size it is very convenient as opposed to the larger bottle!

I also came across this beauty blender cleaner and decided to get it because when I clean my beauty blender with soap & water I feel like none of the makeup deep inside the sponge comes out...probably because it doesn't thats probably why there is a specific cleanser for it! Anyways, I used this on my beauty blender & my regular brushes! It worked great! My beauty blender looks good as new and my brushes are extra clean!

Directions:
You just wet the brushes first (or the beauty blender) then in circular motions run it across this bad boy and wash it out!
Then let them air dry!



So I had a blemish the other day & I decided to buy this lol. I applied it a couple times throughout the day on my blemish and it did make the inflammation go down slightly but thats about it! I just like this cause it has 100% natural ingredients and it can't do any harm!


As most of my reader know I love to contour and recently I've been wanting to contour with a concealer so I decided to purchase this from the drugstore! I am really liking it because the color is perfect, it blends beautifully, and it's very creamy! I apply it to the areas I want to contour such as my jaw, the outlines of my forehead, and of course the hallows of my cheeks... I then blend it out with my beauty blender! Oh and I apply my foundation before I contour with this product! You can also do it after if you want a more natural effort-less look but I like a strong contour!


This is bronzing powder from Victorias Secret and I love love love their beauty products! I'm also loving this color it gives a gorgeous glow! I love how their makeup is a reflection of their overall style very youthful & glowy!

That is it for my recent haul guys! I hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to follow!
Email: fortheloveof_makeup@yahoo.com
Instagram: fortheloveofmakeupbaby

-Love Greta! Mwah!


No comments:

Post a Comment