You guys have all been yearning for a review on the new Nars foundation, so here you have it :)
Okay so it took me some time to get used to this foundation because it's tricky! First things first Nars' shading is so darn complicated (for me at least), I took home 2 different colors before I realized the shade "Mont Blanc" was right for me. Why did I take home 2 shades and not test them out in the store? Well because when I spot tested them on my jawline they looked fine. The problem prevailed once I applied it all over my face, it either made me look like a giant yellow balloon or a dead ghost; "Mont Blanc" happened to be my happy medium lol.
So lets talk a little about the foundation:
- It's definitely light weight; it feels very smooth and velvety.
- It isn't as luminous as it claims; it's more demi-matte in my opinion.
- It is definitely not all day. It wears for a few hours but it settles into fine lines (laugh smiles, wrinkles, etc) fairly quickly.
- I have tried this foundation with a bunch of primers to see what it is most compatible with. I have moisturized and used a velvety primer (Japonesque Velvet Touch Primer) underneath this foundation and it still gets into the crevices of my face and doesn't elongate the wear power. I have also used a silicone poreless primer (Too Faced Primed & Poreless) and I realized my face looking extra oily and the foundation was breaking up (bummer). I have also used a color correcting primer (Clinique Superprimer) and although it gave me a flawless finish (as did all the other primers) it still settles into my smile lines and I feel that I need to touch up with powder after 2 hours.
- P.S. I set my face with either a pressed or loose powder every time!
- Not compatible with other foundations. I tried to mix it and it started to break apart on my face so stay away from mixing this foundation with other foundations.
- Definitely full coverage. It will cover everything!!!!
- It is advised to use only 1 pump on your face (laughs). That is a joke to me given that the pump lets out only a dot, YES a dot, of product. I normally use 2-3 pumps for my whole face. *Shake before you use it*
- You must must must have an exfoliated face if you want to use this foundation because it does tends to enhance imperfections on the face.
- Compatible with dry skin if you moisturize and I advise anyone with oily skin to stay far far away.
- I blend this with my beauty blender after I dot the foundation on my face.
Overall, I do like this foundation but I don't love it. I use it because it's new and I can get away with it looking somewhat flawless for a few hours but it's not something I reach for if I want my makeup to last all day and look flawless all day.
I hope this was helpful! Please do remember that what might not work for me might work for you (vice-versa). So, your best bet is to get color matched at Sephora and take home a sample.
If you wish to purchase this foundation, here are a few links: