Sunday, April 6, 2014

Weekly Product Review: Too Faced Glitter Glue

Hi beauties last week I got this Too Faced Glitter Glue which is exactly what it says it is…glitter glue lol and I wanted it specifically for pigments. Most of you who are up-to-date with my blog have read that I use my Evian Facial Spray to get pigments to stick on my lids but the fine powder in the pigment slowly falls off and eventually looses its pigmentation. With this product not only does the loose pigment stick it LASTS! 



You need a pea size amount and you apply it just as you would an eye primer!
It does feel a little tacky but since it's thick & creamy it blends well!
It is also crease resistant just like most eye primers!

How to use:
You can either smooth this over your lids with your finger or with a synthetic brush. Do not use a brush with natural hard because it will get stuck in the hairs and become hard to remove!

How to remove:
You remove as you would any eyeshadow depending on what you used with the glitter glue!
If you used glitter I would use makeup wipes to remove it before washing your face but if you used a pigment then I would remove it with your cleanser or whatever you use to remove your makeup at night!

Demonstration #1:


Product: The Balm Mineral Eyeshadow in "No Money, No Honey" 

As you can see, the bottom part of my hand (where I used the Glitter Glue) is much more pigmented than the top. There is no fallout during application, it lasts all night, and it makes the shadow/pigment so much more pigmented!

Demonstration #2:

As the name gives off this is "Glitter Glue" so it's obviously intended for glitter, which is amazing because if you have ever worked with glitter you know that it is so hard to work with & control. 
I took a Mac glitter from my limited edition Nocturnals Collection in "Pink" and placed it on top of the glitter glue. There was minimal fallout (as you can see from the sides), the glitter stuck on well, and it lasts! 
Now remember that when you are applying the glitter glue on your lids, for example, and you are working with glitter it's better to use a synthetic brush! Why? Because if you use your finger and you happen to accidentally get the glue on your crease then when you apply the glitter it is going to get on your crease as well. And let me tell you glitter is hard to remove! It is not like a pigment where you can remove it easily with makeup remover.
 Not only is glitter messy but you have to scrub a little!

Demonstration #3:

Sometimes when I want a light shadow color to pop I add a little Evian Facial Spray on my brush and apply the shadow to my lids. With this comes the problem of the product not lasting as long and fallout!  I decided to try one of my Too Faced Joy To The Girls Palette shadows that isn't as pigmented with the glitter glue. 
So you can't really see in the picture but there is some shadow at the top. The bottom is clearly the shadow using the glitter glue. 
This shadow isn't as pigmented to begin with so when I used the glitter glue it did bring out the color, slightly, but it was also very hard to work with for some reason. I packed on the shadow on top of the glue as much as I could and it still didn't give it the mount of pigmentation that I would like. So my guess is this glue is strictly for glitter & loose pigments which is totally fine!


Overall, I absolutely loveeeee this product! It makes applying pigments & glitters so simple with barely any fallout, enhanced pigmentation, and longevity! 
I would recommend this to anyone who likes to work with pigments and glitter!

Below is a link to where you can purchase this product:

I hope this review helped and I will talk to you guys soon! 
Instagram: fortheloveofmakeupbaby
Email: fortheloveof_makeup@yahoo.com

-Love Greta! Mwah!




No comments:

Post a Comment