Saturday, April 12, 2014

Weekly Product Review: TheBalm Cosmetics (Haul)!

Hi beauties a few weeks ago I finally got my TheBalm package that I ordered from Hautelook. I waited forever for it but it was definitely worth the wait! I ordered a bunch of stuff and I am officially obsessed with this brand!
Lets begin:











These loose eyeshadows are so pigmented and gorgeous!!! I did not use an adhesive under these swatches but I do advise you guys to use one (for example Too Faced Glitter Glue- I have a blog post demonstrating one of these shadows and the difference with the glitter adhesive and without it). 
There is rarely any fallout and it is very lightweight. Love these!!!!










Ok lets talk about these highlighters for a minute!
Honestly, the pigmentation is freaking PHENOMENAL! Be careful so you don't use too much because this can easily happen! I usually pat my brush on the product and tap off the excess…this way you can build the color to your liking!

And what I absolutely love is that it is powdery. The powdery texture helps you smooth it over your skin easily and blend to perfection! 
Oh and I like to use these highlighters as blushes as well, even eyeshadows! Another perk to these products!
Highly recommend these babies!!!!












OMG these blushes & bronzer is everything!
Just like the highlighters they too have a powdery texture thus they are soooooooooo easy to blend out and so smooth when you apply it! But, with this you have to be careful to not apply to much because they are extremely pigmented! I apply them the same way as I do the highlighters. 

And just a tip with the Bahama Mama bronzer: this color is not for everyone it really depends on your skin tone because this product can look ashy on some skin tones! I have pretty white/fair skin and if I apply a minimal amount it looks just right but I cannot contour heavily with this product because it will look ashy and dark! 

Another tip when using all of the products above, including the highlighters & eyeshades, is that all these products wash away easily with water. So they are not meant to be worn if your near/in water, it's raining, or on a hot day (sweat will melt it off)! Why do I mention this? Because, usually after I am done with my face makeup  (foundation, blush, bronzer- the whole shabang!) I like to either spray my face with a facial spray (Mario Badescu Rose Water) or my Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray and I cannot do that with these products because it will start to look blotchy and sometimes even melt down a little! So avoid any fluids! 



I used this translucent powder a few times and I actually like it! It is an anti-shine powder so it's meant for oily skin but I have very dry skin and it didn't enhance my dry spots or dry out my face it just took away all the shine from my foundation! Again, all the above rules apply to this powder product as well! 

--------
Overall, I absolutely love everything I purchased and I plan on purchasing more! 
First off, the packaging itself is enough for me to purchase the product. It is so girly, vintage, and adorable!
Second, the products have amazing texture, pigmentation, and blend beautifully!
Third, they are affordable!
Fourth, the colors are TO DIE FOR!
Fifth, they are multi purpose
Sixth, stop reading this & click below to purchase your package of goodies :)

I hope you guys enjoyed this review, talk to you soon! 
Instagram: fortheloveofmakeupbaby
Email: fortheloveof_makeup@yahoo.com

-Love Greta! Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment