Thursday, November 21, 2013

Garnier BB Cream

Helloooo beauties, I know I have been MIA for a while but thats because I have bought a bunch of new products and have slowly been trying them all out! One of my new purchases was this Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream!
So, I have never owned a BB cream and I never really payed any attention to it mainly because I do not wear makeup on a daily basis and when I do I must have foundation on because my face gets really red (esp if its hot or sunny outside) and there is not point in doing gorgeous eye makeup when you do not have a flawless face duh lol! As you all know foundation is a lot heavier on the face and has more full coverage (depending on the foundation of course) whereas a BB cream is a lot lighter and depending on the BB cream brand has different types of coverage (light, medium or full). Most BB creams also have SPF whereas foundations do not, this is what sold me in the first place! Just to give you an overall jist BB creams are a moisturizer, primer, skin treatment, concealer, foundation, and sun protectant all in 1...but with a lighter formula!

As most of my readers know I have dry skin and with dry skin you have to do some research on a face product to see if it will work for you...so thats exactly what I did! I looked online at BB creams that are great for dry skin and I consistently kept seeing this Garnier brand! I never even knew Garnier had skin products! Either way I went with it and decided to look on YouTube to see what my fellow gals had to say and almost all of the reviews were positive! So i went out and bought it!

 The main problem with this product is that they only have 2 shades: Light/Medium & Medium/Deep
The good thing is they have different ones for different skin types...next to this product they have the same one but with oil control and I think they even had an anti-ageing one too!
 As you can see the product is 1-2 shades darker than my natural skin tone
And please note that a little goes a longgggggg way...the amount on my hand is way way way too much for your face about half this amount will do...even less if you want sheer coverage!
 It is very creamy which is crucial for people with dry skin!
 I blended a little bit onto my thumb and as you can see it is sheer...you can definitely build the product up to medium coverage!
 This is when I have blended it all out...you can barely see the blue-ness of vain on my hand so it definitely covers any discoloration (such as redness on the face)!

 I apply this product with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush so I can buff it into my skin for a flawless finish!


Your probably wondering why my Dior Nude foundation is in this picture lol well thats because since this color is dark for my skin I like to mix it with this much lighter foundation to get the perfect color! 
If I do not mix the product I will have to apply the BB cream all the way down my neck which I hate doing!!! I don't do that with foundation either because all my foundations are my exact skin tone and blend beautifully into my skin! 

Overall Review:
I really like this product for everyday the 2 things I love is that it has SPF and it moisturizes! I have applied this without moisturizer on my skin and I still get a flawless finish because it is so creamy! The one con has to be that it comes in only 2 shades! Otherwise I have been wearing this ever since I bought it and I have no complaints!
When I was doing research on BB creams for dry skin I also came across a Dior one which I was going to get originally but I wanted to start off with a more basic brand...so once I finish this BB cream that will be my next purchase!

Hope you guys enjoyed this post...if you have any questions please comment below! :)

-Love Greta! Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment